In today’s review, we propose to study the main characteristics of popular fitness bracelets, compare them with each other and highlight the strengths and weaknesses of each device. This information will certainly help people who have decided to purchase a gadget and want to choose the most optimal option for themselves. So let’s start in order.
What is a fitness bracelet?
The fitness bracelet is a wrist device for physical activity at the amateur level. It’s really easy to use and is useful for more than just physical activity. The main task of these gadgets is to monitor user activity. For example, the device counts steps, tracks sleep, recognizes the moment when you start running, start swimming, ride a bike, and so on. In addition, many bracelets have a “smart alarm” function, which, by counting sleep phases, helps to wake up at a convenient time in a vigorous state.
There are more and more models on the market that have a built-in heart rate meter, a GPS module and even an NFC chip, which is good news.
Many people buy these bracelets not only for sports. So, the gadget becomes just a necessary thing for those who often miss calls, tk. the device additionally notifies about it.
Smart watches are considered more functional devices. In simple terms, they are like a scaled-down version of mobile phones, although it is sometimes not so easy to draw a clear line. For example, there are bracelets based on a full-fledged OS, but there are also fitness watches with a minimal set of smart functions.
As a rule, bracelets motivate to maintain a healthy rhythm of life. And even in the case when the gadget is positioned as a sports accessory, it can well be used to receive notifications and as an alarm clock, which does not prevent other household members from sleeping further. So what is the best activity tracker to buy in 2019?
In our review, we have collected the most interesting models.
What to look for when choosing a fitness bracelet?
1.screen. Almost every model has one or another screen. It allows you to view statistics or time without opening additional applications on your mobile phone. Advanced models are equipped with large color displays, while budget models are endowed with miniature display options; huawei
2. GPS. Offers the user high accuracy in tracking workouts;
3. battery life. Autonomy depends not only on the battery capacity, but also on additional functions and the degree of activity of using the bracelet;
4. sleep analysis. This function is not the most important in the device, but knowing how many hours you sleep and how well will be useful. In addition, the bracelet can gently wake you up with vibration at the right time;
5. Waterproof. It is desirable that the function is present. Then there is no need to worry that the tracker will break from being in the rain or, for example, from the fact that you forgot to take it off before taking water procedures. Most models offer a high level of water resistance and can be submerged up to 50 meters;
6. convenience. The device should not be too heavy for your hand, pay attention to this point. The strap should be comfortable and long enough. For some models, many strap options are available and are easy to change, while for others, it is difficult to find an elegant alternative on the market;
7.functions of an electronic trainer. The classic bracelet only recognizes steps, while others notice when you jump into a run. Expensive models can automatically recognize several types of activities, including climbing stairs, cycling, triathlon, and so on, and also offer built-in training programs. Smart bracelets often remind you when to get up and walk, and when to drink water;